Study: Starting Point
Dates: September 18 – November 13, 2022
Time: Sunday mornings, 10:00 am
Are you curious about the Christian faith, new to it, or reexamining what it means to have a relationship with God? We’d like to invite you into a conversational group environment called Starting Point to explore faith, ask questions, and experience community.
‘Starting Point’ is for:
- Seekers: curious about God, Jesus, the Bible, or Christian faith.
- Starters: new in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Returners: some church experience but still have questions.
Everything has a starting point — your life, your relationships, your education, your career… Sometimes we forget that faith has a starting point as well. For some of us, our faith journeys began as a set of beliefs handed to us by a parent, or a teacher, or a pastor. Maybe you developed a framework of faith based on personal experience. Or maybe you had no faith at all. Too often a faith formed in childhood isn’t strong enough to withstand the pressures of adult life. During this 8 week course, we’ll ask questions like:
- Who is God?
- What is sin and why is it such a big deal?
- If God is good then why is there so much suffering in the world?
- Do all religions lead to God?
- Why is the resurrection of Jesus such a big deal?
- What does it mean to be a Christian?
- What happens after death?
- Where do I fit into God’s story?
We believe God really does care about you and whatever you are experiencing in life!