Study: Starting Point
Dates: September 17 – November 5, 2023
Are you curious about the Christian faith, new to it, or reexamining what it means to have a relationship with God? We’d like to invite you into a conversational group environment called Starting Point to explore faith, ask questions, and experience community.
‘Starting Point’ is for:
- Seekers: curious about God, Jesus, the Bible, or Christian faith.
- Starters: new in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Returners: some church experience but still have questions.
Everything has a starting point — your life, your relationships, your education, your career… Sometimes we forget that faith has a starting point as well. For some of us, our faith journeys began as a set of beliefs handed to us by a parent, or a teacher, or a pastor. Maybe you developed a framework of faith based on personal experience. Or maybe you had no faith at all. Too often a faith formed in childhood isn’t strong enough to withstand the pressures of adult life. During this 8 week course, we’ll ask questions like:
- Who is God?
- What is sin and why is it such a big deal?
- If God is good then why is there so much suffering in the world?
- Do all religions lead to God?
- Why is the resurrection of Jesus such a big deal?
- What does it mean to be a Christian?
- What happens after death?
- Where do I fit into God’s story?
We believe God really does care about you and whatever you are experiencing in life!
At FCCO, our mission is to glorify God by following Jesus, loving God and others, and sharing the gospel. The Roots series has been created to help us live this out. Roots has two tracks of short-term classes. The Discipleship Track takes place Sunday mornings at 9:00, helping newer believers lay a foundation of faith. This track offers Starting Point, Survey of the Bible, and Purpose Driven Life. The Christian Living Track takes place Wednesday nights at 6:30 and helps believers tackle everyday issues. This track offers Financial Peace Univerity, Life’s Healing Choices, and SHAPE. One course from each track will be offered in the fall, winter, and spring.